The keyboard on this Lenovo is spill-resistant. Ever wonder how they test that?
Spill Testerâs Log:
9:02am: Successfully spilled can of soda on keyboard while ThinkPad turned on. Effect on Rapidbootâs 30% faster boot up time: none.
9:31am: Simulated composing a college essay and managed to spill latte on keyboard. Reached for pen to make this note and managed to knock second latte (personal latte, intended for drinking) onto keyboard. Damage to Lenovo (through two spills): none.
9:42am: Taking mid-morning break early to purchase second personal latte (third latte overall) since first personal (second overall) was inadvertently included in a field test.
9:53am: Tripped on way into office. Not sure how book got there. Second personal (third) latte inadvertently incorporated into field test much like first personal (second). Damage to keyboard: none. Damage to pants: noticeable.
11:42am: Watched full movie on 11.6â display with anti-glare finish. Forgot to spill work-provided bottle of juice on Lenovo. Consumed instead. Lack of caffeine affecting focus.
11:44am: Ancillary Bottle of Juice Request Form: submitted.
11:56am: Supervisor denied request. Not happy with performance, despite my two additional Latte Spill Tests at personal expense.
12:03pm: Working through lunch to show work ethic to supervisor.
12:11pm: Using dual-core 1.6GHz AMD Fusion E-350 CPU and integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics to play video games for soda spill test. Opened soda. Did not fizz out at all. Must have forgotten to shake it. Need to file Ancillary Bottle of Soda Request Form. Working through lunch hour might not look good for work ethic after all.
12:12pm: Taking lunch break to buy third personal (fourth overall) latte. Maybe caffeine will reinvigorate.
12:14pm: Supplemental test â damage to Lenovo when latte is spilled on shirt in coffee shop nowhere near spill testing environment: none.
Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty
Warranty: 1 Year Lenovo
- The first ThinkPad with VISION Pro technology from AMD comes chock full of features: a full-sized, spill-resistant keyboard, plenty of connectivity options (including VGA, HDMI and BluetoothÂ®) and more
- Powered by a dual-core 1.6GHz AMD Fusion E-350 CPU, 2GB of RAM, 320GB 5400rpm hard drive, integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics, and 802.11n Wi-Fi
- LED backlit 11.6â display features a matte anti-glare finish, 16:9 aspect ratio, 200cd/mÂ² brightness rating, 300:1 contrast ratio, and 1366 x 768 native resolution
- 4-in-1 memory card reader lets you download photos from your digital camera. It supports MMC, SD, MS, and MS Pro card formats
- Low light-sensitive webcam is perfect for use in dim environments
- Boot up and shut down your PC 30 percent faster using Lenovo Enhanced Experience 2.0 for WindowsÂ® 7 with RapidBoot technology
- Up to 7.5 hours of battery life will keep you working long past your deadline, while 10 percent lower thermals will make sure you and your PC donât overheat in the process
|Processor:||AMD Fusion E-350 (1.6GHz)|
|Display Type:||HD Anti-Glare LED Backlit|
|Resolution:||1366 x 768|
|Graphics:||AMD Radeon HD 6310|
|Memory:||2GB DDR3 (max 4GB)|
|Hard Drive:||320GB SATA (5400rpm)|
|Network:||10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Card Reader:||Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader (SD, MMC)|
|Audio:||HD Audio with Stereo Speakers|
|Keyboard:||ISO Full-Size and Spill-Resistant|
|Navigation:||UltraNav with TrackPoint and Multi-Touch Touchpad|
|Webcam:||Low Light-Sensitive 0.3MP|
|Microphone / Speaker Combo Jack:||1|
|Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit|
|11.1″(W) x 1.2″(H) x 8.3″(D)|
In the box:
- Lenovo ThinkPad x120e 0596 Notebook
- 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery
- AC Adapter